The 60 Years Anniversary Symposium of Atomic Energy Society of Japan
- Future Prospects for Nuclear through Experiences of the Fukushima Accident-
The Atomic Energy Society of Japan was established on February 14, 1959. This year, we will celebrate the 60th anniversary of the establishment. Since the foundation of the society, we have been working to contribute towards progress in the development of atomic energy by seeking academic and technological advances pertaining to the peaceful use of atomic energy. Besides, we have been helping members to enlighten each other. The 60th anniversary symposium will be held not only to look back on the experience of the Tokyo Electric Power Company’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant accident but also to open up prospects for nuclear energy with social confidence in Japan.[Date] April 25, 2019 | 10:30-18:00 [Venue] Kuramae Hall, Tokyo Institute of Technology | 2-12-1 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo [Program]
The 1st Session |10:30-12:30 （Moderator) Yoshitaka Nishino | Director of Society: Hitachi, Ltd.
- The 60 Years History of the Atomic Energy Society of Japan — through the Experience of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Accident Yasuo Komano | President of the Society: MHI NS Eng.
- Special Lecture: Current Situation of Fukushima Reconstruction and Future Challenges Hiroshi Kainuma | Ritsumeikan Univ.
- Special Lecture Kazuma Yamane | Non-fiction Writer
- Video Message from the Atomic Energy Societies of France, U.S., China, Korea, U.K. and Kazakhstan
The 2nd Session | 13:30-18:00 (Chair) Mitsuru Uesaka | Former President of the Society; Tokyo Univ.
- Global Environmental Issues and Nuclear Ryouichi Komiyama | Tokyo Univ.
- Perspective on Future Reactor – Role and Contribution of Academia Akira Yamaguchi | Vice President of Society: Tokyo Univ.
- Research for Nuclear Waste Management; Present and Future Yaohiro Inagaki | Kyusyu Univ.
- Future Prospects for Precise External Radiotherapy and for Quantum Biomedical Science and Engineering Hiroki Shirato | Hokkaido Univ.
(Chair) Naoto Hagura | Tokyo City Univ.
- Quantum Sensing Techniques by Quantum Sensor Fabricated by Quantum Beam Shinobu Onoda | QST
- Features and Applications of High-Intensity Pulsed Neutron Source of J-PARC Tetsuya Kai | JAEA
- Biological Approach to Clarify the Radiation Effects of Low Dose Rate Exposure by Using Organoid System Yuki Fujimichi | CRIEPI
- Nuclear Energy for Space Exploration Jun Nishiyama | Tokyo Inst. Tech.
Future Perspective of Nuclear Science and Technology in Japan Shigeaki Okajima | Vice President of Society: JAEA
Banquet | 18:10-19:30
[Fee] Symposium: Member, Free; Non-member, \2,000; Students, Free | Banquet: \5,000
Even if your affiliation is a supporting member, you need to pay the fee as non-member if yourself is not a member.
[Capacity] Symposium: 300 persons | Banquet: 100 persons
[Application] http://aesj.net/60thsymp or QRcode | Due date: April 12, 2019.
Contact e-Mail: kikaku[a]aesj.or.jp TEL：03-3508-1261